Monday, April 22, 2019

2019 NFL Draft Positional Rankings

Before we get into the rankings, I just want to preface with the information that I did not watch equal amounts of film or spend equal amount of time evaluating every player listed. I used the opinions and analysis of draft evaluators I follow and trust to determine my final preferences at each position. I only say that for full transparency, because I have formed my own opinion on the majority of these players through my own scouting methods. These rankings are based on how likely the player is to succeed in the NFL. I did not look at the TE and ILB positions enough to form a top 10. That being said, here are my official positional rankings for the 2019 NFL Draft Class.

P.S. I don't scout offensive linemen. I'll get there for future draft classes though!

QB

1. Kyler Murray - Oklahoma
2. Drew Lock - Missouri
3. Dwayne Haskins - Ohio State
4. Will Grier - West Virginia
5. Tyree Jackson - Buffalo
6. Daniel Jones - Duke
7. Jordan Ta'amu - Ole Miss
8. Brett Rypien - Boise State
9. Kyle Shurmur - Vanderbilt
10. Ryan Finley - NC State

RB

1. Josh Jacobs - Alabama
2. Darrell Henderson - Memphis
3. David Montgomery - Iowa State
4. Miles Sanders - Penn State
5. Justice Hill - Oklahoma State
6. Devin Singletary - Florida Atlantic
7. Dexter Williams - Notre Dame
8. Devine Ozigbo - Nebraska
9. Rodney Anderson - Oklahoma
10. Alex Barnes - Kansas State


WR

1. Hakeem Butler - Iowa State
2. D.K. Metcalf - Ole Miss
3. N'Keal Harry - Arizona State
4. A.J. Brown - Ole Miss
5. Deebo Samuel - South Carolina
6. Marquise Brown - Oklahoma
7. Parris Campbell - Ohio State
8. J.J. Arcega-Whiteside - Stanford
9. Riley Ridley - Georgia
10. Kelvin Harmon - NC State

TE

1. T.J. Hockensen - Iowa
2. Noah Fant - Iowa
3. Jace Sternberger - Texas A&M
4. Irv Smith Jr. - Alabama
5. Dawson Knox - Ole Miss

EDGE

1. Nick Bosa - Ohio State
2. Clelin Ferrell - Clemson
3. Brian Burns - Florida State
4. Josh Allen - Kentucky
5. Montez Sweat - Mississippi State
6. Jachai Polite - Florida
7. Christian Miller - Alabama
8. Chase Winovich - Michigan
9. Rashan Gary - Michigan
10. Charles Omenihu - Texas

IDL

1. Quinnen Williams - Alabama
2. Ed Oliver - Houston
3. Jeffery Simmons - Mississippi State
4. Jerry Tillery - Notre Dame
5. Christian Wilkins - Clemson
6. Khalen Saunders - Western Illinois
7. Dre'Mont Jones - Ohio State
8. Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
9. Daniel Wise - Kansas
10. Renell Wren - Arizona State

ILB

1. Devin Bush - Michigan
2. Devin White - LSU
3. Ben Burr-Kirven - Washington
4. Blake Cashman - Minnesota
5. Drue Tranquill - Notre Dame

CB

1. Greedy Williams - LSU
2. DeAndre Baker - Georgia
3. Amari Oruwariye - Penn State
4. Rock Ya-Sin - Temple
5. Byron Murphy - Washington
6. Julian Love - Notre Dame
7. Sean Bunting - Central Michigan
8. Justin Layne - Michigan State
9. Isaiah Johnson - Houston
10. JoeJuan Williams - Vanderbilt

S

1. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - Florida
2. Nasir Adderley - Delaware
3. Darnell Savage - Maryland
4. Deionte Thompson - Alabama
5. Juan Thornhill - Virginia
6. Amani Hooker - Iowa
7. Taylor Rapp - Washington
8. Jonathan Abram - Mississippi State
9. Marquise Blair - Utah
10. Mike Edwards - Kentucky

When comparing my opinion to the overall draft community's, there's a few things that stand out:

1. I am not as high on Byron Murphy as most people are. I don't believe he has shutdown CB1 ability, but should still be a starter and a good one if put in the best position for his skillset.

2. I am lower on Josh Allen and Rashan Gary than most. I think Josh Allen could be a great player when played in the right spot, but his upside as a pure pass rusher isn't as high as the players above him. Gary is a polarizing player in the draft community, and I tend to agree with the fact that his college production is worrisome. If he's such a great player, why wasn't he able to produce like even his former Wolverine teammate?

3. Hakeem Butler is the best WR in the draft. I understand there are traits to be worried about, like his bad habit of dropping passes, but the rest of his game is too much to pass over. It may just be the fact that they wear the same number, but he looks like A.J. Green to me.

4. I am high on Devine Ozigbo. I was first introduced to him by listening to The Draft Dudes podcast, a The Draft Network podcast, where he did an interview with the hosts and impressed me with his intelligence and ability to speak to multiple run schemes, even schemes he hadn't played in a lot in college. His film impressed me further, and I think he's a steal waiting to happen later in the draft.

5. Drew Lock > Dwayne Haskins. The consensus seems to be that Haskins is the better pro prospect, but I think Lock's arm talent, natural play making ability, and confidence in himself could come together to form a good starting NFL QB. I just hope it's not for Denver.

I will have a Predictive Mock Draft on here before the 1st round begins Thursday night. Thanks everybody for reading, and Happy NFL Draft week!

No comments:

Post a Comment